Monday, August 22, 2011

Stuck!

I am sort of stuck on this project--the Clean Water project.

I intended to do it all from scrap glass; and, I picked some of my favorite pieces that I save just for special projects to use in certain areas of this mosaic.

Only one problem with that.  Not enough!  Oh, I have tons (okay pounds) of scrap, just need more of a particular style. Can't really afford to go get new glass, but this one is an important piece.

I have two options.  Go buy more glass or scrape the canvas and add in other glass of similar tone and mix them all together.

Dilemma!

I was leaning more toward scraping before I thought of the silicone that would stick to the bottom of some (most likely many--just trying to be an optimist) of the pieces that I scrape.

I still may scrape though, because I could improve on the appearance of these two sections greatly if I made the glass flow a little differently.  Of course, I don't want to waste any of the glass that I have laid thus far, because that is some of my favorite glass, and of course some of the most expesnive.

Oh the choices an artist must make. Tee Hee.

What is nice, is that I am willing to wait for the right answer.

I have learned a lesson from thinking about how to solve this:  When working with scrap, cut all pieces similar in color and mix the batch of glasses together so they are randomly placed in the mosaic.



1 comment:

  1. It's nice to believe - at least I do - that each project has a life of it's own and the birth is the journey....Happy labor pains Momma! The colors will come. Is part of "Clean Water" about going Green??? I wonder.

    ReplyDelete