Friday, August 12, 2011

Still working with new medium

I did start a mosaic two days ago.  A small one.  You know I went and bought all my supplies and now I can't find my caulk gun.  Not like it is small. I am hoping it is buried in the trunk of my car that needs to be cleaned out. I will do a thorough search tomorrow and will find it.

I needed to use the silicone to finish this mosaic.  Funny, I finally bought my mastic to use and the two mosaics I come up with in my head, I need my silicone.  I am using the mastic on this project too, and that is turning out to be very messy.

I think mosaic is a somewhat messy artform, but using the mastic is super messy, especially since it is black.  Not sure I am liking it so far.  It certainly changes the color of the glass and does limit the glass I can use in a mosaic, which I don't like so much.  I am not giving up on this tool yet, I will keep playing with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment