Friday, July 29, 2011

Green Dreams Mosaic and the Whale

Well, I missed Thursday.  I started a mosaic--a small, 2.5"x2.5" because I had a busy day.  Small.  I could finsish...bla bla bla...  Beware of small things.

I finished it this morning.

I would tell you that it doesn't fit the vision in my head and I knew half way through it that it just wasn't right--which is why I didn't finish it, but also didn't want to be up till 3 or 4 am finishing it.

Guess I told you. :) It will be the last (with concerted effort) not to explain my art anymore--unless it is the inspiration because I like to give credit to the muse.

I read last night in my Fear & Art book that it is common for artists to defend their work, but that is not what creating is about.  No excuses, explanations, or defense--just the art.

I also read that an artist must go with whatever is calling to them at the time.  I have so much calling on me all at once--mosaic, screenplays, my whales, the idea for a children's book that just came to me (yeah, me, can you believe it, a children's book--go figure), oh, and let's not forget that my kiln called to me just the other day.  It said "fire me up!"

So, I will (maybe) do another mosaic today, but I am going to focus on my whales for now.  I had an idea come up the other day and I haven't pursued it because it scares me.  IT requires me to draw, and that is where I feel I lack the most, but the idea is aching to itched, so tonight I give myself to the whale.

No comments:

Post a Comment