Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day Three

Okay, so I am a little off on my dates and my posting.  I started this mosaic on the 21st and finished it on the 22nd. A little late, but it was a busy day.  I'm going to have to get into a rhythm with these and figure out what to do on days that I have little time.  I'm guessing bigger pieces.

This one still needs to be grouted and also needs a better photo in the daylight.  I'll take another pic tomorrow.

I made the anchor in honor of a mini reunion of sorts for the drill team that I was in during 1975-1978 -- Mariner's.  It had a big impact on us girls, and it was wonderful to see Kitty who guided us through many successes during this time in our life that was part of the foundation of our lives.

It is a little difficult to post pics of "unfinished" artwork (since this one needs grouting still), but I did the mosaic and need to post it.  Mosaics can not be glued and grouted on the same day.

2 comments:

  1. this is so pretty. it would look great with a rope for a hanger too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea about the rope. I will do that once it is grouted! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete